See GitHub for detailed change history of this release
Dynamic Plugin Loading
The plugin listing and the plugin chooser in the control panel feature several improvements:
- A new "Updates" tab listing all upgrades available from a plugin library, and a button to update all of them with one click
- Tabs are now used to display plugin libraries within the plugin chooser
- The plugin chooser now displays plugins that provide add-on functionality to another plugin as nested "sub-plugins", making the main listing easier to navigate
- Plugins may now declare dependencies that are automatically installed without user intervention
- All plugins are now displayed more consistently, including a concise, informal name (in addition to the description and title)
This release sees several improvements to the client-server configuration:
- Improved resilience to connection errors. Errors encountered by the browser are automatically retried, and when they succeed the associated error messages are automatically removed
- Changes to system tiddlers are now synchronised from the server to the browser
- Deletions of tiddlers on the server are now synchronised to the browser
- New "cloud" page control button with a dropdown menu showing status and additional actions:
- "Refresh from server" to force an immediate check for changes from the server
- "Save snapshot for offline use" to save a copy of the wiki without the client-server components
- "Copy syncer logs to clipboard" to make it easier to ask end users for debugging information
- Added "filter" and "exclude" parameters to the GET /recipes/default/tiddlers.json endpoint to allow the returned tiddlers and fields to be filtered
- Enhanced LazyLoading to include skinny versions of tiddlers in the HTML file, and to avoid unnecessary loads from the server
- The official plugin library is now disabled when the tiddlyweb adaptor is active
- Internal file system details are no longer exposed to browsers when a file request fails (see https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/3724)
See the pull request on GitHub for more details.
Added a new filter operator for comparing numbers, strings, dates and version numbers. For example:
- returns nothing
- returns "2"
- returns "2"
=1.2 =1.8 =2.3 =3.4 =7.2 +[compare:number:gt[1.5]compare:number:lt[2.5]]
- returns "1.8" "2.3"
- returns "no"
- Added new menubar plugin that creates a menu bar that is responsive on mobile devices, and supports search, dropdowns and links
- Added new freelinks plugin to automatically create links from any tiddler title, without having to type double square brackets or use CamelCase.
- Added new dynannotate plugin containing primitives for overlaying annotations or highlights over other content
- Added new share plugin for sharing tiddlers via the URL location hash
- Switched the markdown plugin to the newer and improved remarkable library
- Improved Chinese translation
- Improved Dutch translation
- Improved French translation
- Improved German translations
- Improved Portuguese translation
@Jermolene would like to thank the contributors to this release who have generously given their time to help improve TiddlyWiki: